Saturday, February 26, 2005

How I got started >

Up untill about a few years ago I was listening to music through a set of 2 way Pioneers Purchase price about $130.00 Also a pair of 3way Radio shack speakers with a huge 12 inch woofer on each side. These came with one of these all in one stereo systems valued at maybe $1,000 (time of purchase) My wife would not allow these monsters in the living room. We also had a pair of small Radio shack speakers maybe 3 or 4 inch drivers in a metal box. One day I got curious about what was inside the box and thats where the story starts...

My first project was the D3s These speakers cost about $150 in electronics and maybe another $100 in MDF and Oak. When I completed this project it was VERY obvious that these speakers far out preformed any of my other store bought speakers in every way. At that time my biggest suprise was the Bass, I had never heard anything like it in a 2 channel home stereo, even those big ol' 12inch drivers in the 3way's didn't come close! Now I was hooked, as you can see here. Since then I've built the BR1's, D8mtm's, 2 Subs, 2 sets of DHT - MTs, The "More-Pees" and a center channel.